By Liam Deegan
Séan Barrett, the man who refuses to let his boss Enda, down by throwing a fire blanket over the opposition in case someone happens to manage to start a fire under his arse, has some very dark secrets that he doesn’t want you to know!
For a man that declares no income other than his Dáil salary, he has plenty of fingers in plenty of pies. Every share he owns has some form of return just like the Standard life ones he holds and then there is his directorships, so are we to assume that he makes no income or claims no expenses from any of them? Are we to also assume that his shares are not held in offshore companies- Just like the ones he holds in the Channel Islands?
Time for an indepth look at Sean’s little business ventures…
BARRETT, Sean TD for Dún Laoghaire.
1. Occupational Income …….. NIL –
BUT HERE IS WHAT SEAN REALLY OWNS:
2. Shares …………………….. (1) Shares in Sean Barrett Bloodstock Ins. Ltd.: Kildress House, Pembroke Row, Dublin 2: insurance brokerage; (2) Shares in Barrett Private Insurances Ltd.: Kildress House, Pembroke Row, Dublin 2: insurance brokerage; (3) Shares in Cabinteely Property Holdings Ltd.: Kildress House, Pembroke Row, Dublin 2: property co., (4) Shares in Standard Life: Standard Life House, 30 Lothian Road, Edinburgh, Scotland: life assurance co., (5) Shares in Inglesham Holdings Ltd.: 22 Grenville Street, St. Helier, Jersey, JE48PX, Channel Islands: healthcare Co.,
(6) Shares: Richmond Care Villages Holdings (Jersey) Ltd.: 22 Grenville Street, St. Helier, Jersey, JE48PX, Channel Islands: owner of Care Villages; (7) Shares: Swanton Holdings (Jersey) Ltd.: 22 Grenville Street, St. Helier, Jersey, JE48PX, Channel Islands: healthcare Co., (8) Shares: Grove Ltd.: 22 Grenville Street, St. Helier, Jersey, JE48PX, Channel Islands: healthcare investment co., (9) Approved Retirement Fund: Irish Life Assurance Plc., Lower Abbey Street, Dublin 1; (10) Approved Retirement Fund: Standard Life, 90 St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2; (11) Approved Retirement Fund: Zurich Life Assurance Plc., Zurich House, Frascati Road, Blackrock, Co. Dublin.
3. Directorships……………… (1) Non-executive Chairman: Sean Barrett Bloodstock Insurances Ltd., c/o Brennan Governey, Kildress House, Pembroke Row, Dublin 2: insurance brokerage; (2) Non-executive Chairman: Cabinteely Property Holdings Ltd., Kildress House, Pembroke Row, Dublin 2: property co., (3) Non-executive Director: JAB Holdings (Dublin) Ltd., Kildress House, Pembroke Row, Dublin 2: holding co., (4) Non-executive Director: Barrett Private Insurances Ltd., Kildress House, Pembroke Row, Dublin 2: insurance brokerage; (5) Non-executive Director: Barrett Quigley Financial Ltd., 6 Rogan’s Court, Dún Laoghaire, Co. Dublin: financial services.
NOW FOR THE REAL STORY
Séan has shares in four different off shore, Jersey-based holding companies. All of the companies share the same address in St Helier, in Jersey. The companies he has shares in are listed as:
1. Inglesham Holdings Ltd.
2. Richmond Care Villages Holdings
3. Swanton Holdings Ltd
4. Grove Ltd
All of these companies are registered at 22 Grenville Street, St Helier, Jersey and this is just happens to be the address of a major international law firm “Mourant Ozannes” and who advise on the laws of the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey. Strangely enough, Sean’s shares seem to be involved in the area of private residential care homes in the UK. Now read on…
Grove Ltd was the central lynchpin in a complex web of offshore holding companies and had up until very recently, people like multi-millionaire Irish businessman Denis Brosnan as its chairperson. Other wealthy Irish individuals such as JP McManus, John Magnier and Dermot Desmond have shares in it as well as Séan Barrett TD.
500,000 REASONS WHY YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS PART –
*According to company papers filed with the Jersey Financial Services Commission, Séan Barrett, the Ceann Comhairle has over half a million shares in the four companies. The average weighted share price / value of Grove Ltd as share options for the shareholders was priced around £6.15, Séan is allowed to hold shares and investments in companies as he wishes and his shareholding while not illegal of course is more than likely just a case of forgetfulness at his ripe old age.
Now the people of Ireland know that Sean is MULTI MILLIONAIRE but yet has NO other source of private income as he declared in the Register of Interests for TD’s!
Oh, to be connected just like Séan!